Team building events can be a lot of fun and rejuvenate relationships with co-workers. Not only can they help reduce tensions between employees, they also allow colleagues the opportunity to open up and get to know each other outside of the work environment. There are many reasons why employers hold team events, including:
- Allow employees to bond,
- Teach new skills or ideals for use within the company,
- Introduce new initiatives and manage change,
- Reduce stress within the workplace, and
- To thank the team for all their hard work.
It’s important to consider the variety of options available and to decide which is the most beneficial to your employees and suitable for the purpose of the event. For example, if it is to de-stress and congratulate your team for a hard year of work before the Christmas break, it’s much better to have drinks and a nice dinner than it is to play leadership and team building exercises. While it is easy to host your event at the workplace, it is a great idea to go out into fresh surroundings. Some ideas for team events include:
- Karaoke – this encourages people to let go of their inhibitions and have fun by stepping outside of their comfort zone.
- Laser Tag – people increase their team/ work skills as they have to work together, this reflects back to team work in the office.
- Dinner and Drinks – Kick back, let your hair down and don’t talk about work. This gives your employees a chance to build on their relationships with one another.
- Building and Construction events – these require employees to work together and achieve a common purpose.
Fun team building events can recharge and motivate your employees. Not only do they enjoy it and have a great time but it can also benefit the working environment; which can result in a happier and more efficient team.
To find out more about organising a great team event that suits your workplace contact Deborah from Clarity Marketing on 0411 139 881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org