You could have the best product or service on the market, but that is not necessarily going to be enough to get people to your office, store or website. You need a carefully planned strategy to ensure you are optimising leads. Many people believe that you need to fork out thousands of dollars which can be intimidating for a small business, but this is not the case.
- The first thing you need to do is have measurable goals. If your goals aren’t measureable you will never be able to tell if you are falling short, meeting them or exceeding them. Use the SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, timely) principle to help you plan your goals successfully.
- You also have to make sure that you know your target market. If you are trying to target everyone, you won’t see results. Define your target market and aim your marketing efforts at them. You could have various campaigns aimed at various target markets but always keep these target markets separate.
- Attend networking events. This is a good chance for you to show how passionate you are about your brand and how it can help consumers. Don’t go with the intention of selling products; go with the intention of building relationships with new people.
- Another cost effective thing you can do is to grow your social media presence. Social media is everywhere and is becoming more and more important every day. Having your business on social media is a must. And if you already are on social media, work on creating more quality content and growing your follower base.
- Use a blog to show your expertise. This is also another cost effective tool to use and it’s fairly easy to do, especially if you use a platform such as WordPress. Show your readers how knowledgeable you are whilst providing them helpful tips.
- Keep your website up to date. Again, this is an easy thing to do if you use WordPress. WordPress is user friendly and you don’t have to be an IT guru to work it. Keeping your website up to date will ensure that your customers have the most up to date information which can be accessed easily.
- Measure and compare your results. Set up a weekly and monthly report to do this. You will easily be able to see where you have come from, where you are at and where you should be headed.
We hope these helpful tips will have you on your way to effectively marketing your small business. Here at Clarity we tailor your marketing strategy to suit you and your business’s needs, we are here with you every step of the way. Give us a call on 1300 060 204 or submit an online enquiry.