Pinterest has emerged as one of the fastest growing social networking sites on the internet. It’s simple functionality of organising and sharing of images has contributed to its popularity and wide usage.
Pinterest allows you to “pin” images and pictures to virtual pinboards with relevant links associated with the image. It is a fun and exciting new way to find new sites, ideas, information and inspiration.
Pinterest is a very visual social networking platform allowing users to showcase their creative flair and ideas by organising into different categories of pin boards. For example, a kitchen manufacturer may have separate pinboards for different types of kitchen styles and designs; kitchen islands, kitchen storage ideas etc.
Top tips for a great Pinterest board
• Be organised! Clearly label all your boards so that the user (or “pinner”” can clearly identify the theme, brand or business is about.
• Embed a button on your website that show visitors you are now on Pinterest.
• SEO is your friend. Using keywords in your headings, names of boards and descriptions will make your pins content rich and more favourable in organic searches.
• Use Pinterest as your marketing tool by pinning your own products or services with relevant links
• Pin other people’s links that is relevant to your niche or other items you feel your followers will find interesting and relevant to them
• Less is more. Keep your pins simple and straightforward.
Dont’s of Pinterest
• Don’t bombard your followers all at once with hundreds of pins – the key is to space out your pins
• Don’t go overboard with your watermarking – the objective of Pinterest is to be repined and the likelihood is very low if the imaged you pinned has been ruined by a watermark. Generally most Pinners avoid watermarks altogether.
Social media is a powerful tool available to both individual and businesses. If you would like to learn more about how social media marketing can help your business or how to integrate it into your marketing strategy, contact Deborah Quinn from Clarity Marketing on 1300 060 204 or email email@example.com