What is Offline Marketing?
Offline marketing are methods of marketing that does not involve the use of the internet. Offline marketing strategies use offline media channels to create awareness of a company’s products, services and brand. Although we have seen a significant shift to online marketing initiatives, marketing campaigns using offline channels are still a fundamental aspect of many company’s marketing mixes.
It is important to remember that online marketing and offline marketing go hand in hand with each other, and that the best marketing strategies incorporate both methods into their marketing mix.
Examples of Offline Marketing include:
• Print advertisements in magazines and newspapers.
• Television advertisements.
• Outdoor advertising such as billboards and car signage.
• Direct mail marketing campaigns.
• Printed company newsletters and catalogues.
• Sending out birthday and holiday cards.
• Obtaining new customers through referrals and incentives.
• Participating in offline events such as charity fundraisers, networking event and seminars.
• Product launches and giveaways.
• Informative pamphlets and brochures with useful content and less sales orientated.
• Your business cards.
• Discount pricing for your target market.
• Loyalty programs to encourage repeat business.
Pros of Offline Marketing
• Depending on which method use, it can have a more personal approach, tailored to your target market.
• Gives your business more credibility as people are able to see tangible aspects of your business and products.
• Online marketing often isolates the older generation who may not be comfortable with using the internet. Your offline marketing initiative could be aimed at this target market.
Cons of Offline Marketing
• It is not measurable if you are not providing an incentive.
• Costly in terms of labour, time and money.
• More challenging to establish your company as an expert offline.
If you would like help with creating some Offline Marketing material for your business or for any other marketing advice please contact the Marketing experts from Clarity Marketing on 0411 139 881 or submit an online enquiry today.