Everyone knows about the world’s best video sharing website. But, do you know how to use it for your marketing benefits? Assuming you already have a website and other social media platforms as part of your digital marketing strategy. Building a strong presence on YouTube is the next step for your business.
YouTube is the number one video hosting platform with over 1 billion users. It has emerged as a highly influential platform for users to educate themselves and to engage with influencers, brands and people. It can be a useful tool for marketers to promote their product or business, with a vast opportunity for content marketing, which results in having worldwide Internet domination with only a few simple tips.
- Content: Make sure your content is targeted to stimulate interest. Vary your video content to reach different customer engagement. Short, brief videos are good for first timers browsing your business. While, longer videos are for people who are further down the buying process line and want to maintain longer engagement with your content.
- Quality: Video production quality is vital for video marketing to be successful. The quality does not need to be movie production worthy, but it has to be clear for it to be effective. As 70 percent of people view YouTube videos on their mobile device it is important to use a mix of close up shots and distant shots for important messages.
- Lead Generation: Easily catch leads with opt in, easy to see links in your video for users to click straight to your website. These clicks are pivotal, as viewers are educated about your business already making them more valuable than other leads.
- Link: Be sure to link social media platforms with YouTube for optimum visibility. Sharing videos on social media create more views and users can click through to contact your business. Additionally, incorporate call to actions for users to enquire about your company instantly. Try to have a call to action every 3 minutes in your video.
- Discoverability: SEO is key. Optimise content by always embedding YouTube videos on your website or social media as Google prioritises pages with YouTube video embeds. The YouTube algorithm works with amounts of likes, views, comments and shares. So, work on perfecting these aspects through good content, sharing on social media platforms and SEO with a keyword, at least once in the title and once in the description for better optimisation.
If you want your business to succeed, video marketing should be a core element in your digital marketing strategy and social media approach. We hope this advice will help you stay on top of your video marketing strategies and grow your small business. If you need some advice on video marketing, give the team at Clarity Marketing and Communication a call on 1300 060 204 or submit an online enquiry.