Outdoor advertising is focused on marketing to consumers when they are “on the go” in public places, in transit, waiting (such as in a medical office), and/or in specific commercial locations (such as in a retail venue).
Digital out-of-home refers to dynamic media distributed across placed-based networks in venues including, but not limited to: cafes, bars, restaurants, health clubs, universtities, sporting and music arenas, petrol service stations, and public spaces. Non-digital out-of-home refers to other types of media distributed across physical spaces such as buildings, vehicles, street furniture.
The four main categories of outdoor advertising are:
• Signage and billboards
Usually placed in geographically identified areas to capture consumer attention in high traffic areas. Outdoor billboards come in many sizes, though the most well-known are large structures located near transportation points intending to attract the interest of people traveling on roads or public transportation.
While billboards are the most obvious example of signage advertising, there are many other forms of signage advertising include:
– Sky writing where airplanes use special chemicals to form words
– Plane banners where large signs are pulled behind an airplane
– Mobile billboards where signs are placed on vehicles, such as buses and cars, or even carried by people
– Plastic bags used to protect newspapers delivered to homes
– Advertisements attached to grocery carts
– Wallscape – Wallscapes are attached to buildings and are able to accommodate a wide variety of unusual shapes and sizes. These billboard advertisements are visible from a distance and provide tremendous impact in major metro areas.
• Street furniture such as park benches, bus shelters, telephone booths, news racks is high in traffic and consumer exposure
• Transit is advertising placed on anything that is mobile, such as buses, train advertising, truck side, and taxis, but also includes fixed static and electronic advertising at train and bus stations and platforms.
– Street advertising – The use of pavements and street furniture to create media space for brands to get their message onto the street in a cost-effective approach.
If you’d like to learn more about outdoor advertising for your small business or require any other marketing advice and services contact Deborah from Clarity Marketing on 0411 139 881 or email email@example.com. Alternatively you can submit an online enquiry.