Finally Instagram have answered our prayers and can reveal follower demographics, post impressions and the best time to post. As you may have noticed, Instagram have released their business profile analytics tools; find out how to use them to your advantage.
How To Set Up
There are a couple of prerequisites to be able to switch your Instagram account to a business profile. Firstly, update your Instagram app to the latest version then you will need to have a Facebook page set up for your business and connect it to your Instagram account in your settings. A contact button will appear next to your follow button with options of directions, call and email as well as a linkable location tag and a category for your account, which carries over from your Facebook page.
Learn more about your Followers
You will now see a bar graph icon at the top right of your profile, which allows you to see a breakdown of where your followers are located, their age and gender, when you tap the See More link next to followers. It may take about a week for this information to show.
- Location: You can view your followers locations by countries and cities, giving you a better idea of their time zones when posting.
- Gender and Age Range: These analytics allow you to better target your posts for the best results.
- Follower Activity: You can view the most popular times your followers are Instagram per hour and day which will help you schedule posts at optimal times.
Learn more Insights
Insights will start to show once you have posted your first photo after you have switched to a business account.
- Impressions: The total amount of times your post has been seen.
- Reach: The number of unique accounts that have seen your post.
- Engagement: The number of likes and comments on your post.
You can now also view the number of clicks to your website, audience growth per week, top posts for each category and understand how many impressions your posts are receiving in relation to your number of followers.
Instagram is a powerful way to communicate visually with your customers and market your services. You can now improve the way you post as Instagram allows us to truly understand our audience with more accurate information.
If you need any help with your social media strategy, our team of experienced social media marketers at Clarity Marketing and Communication can assist you. For further information on what Clarity can do for you please call us on 1300 060 204 or submit an online enquiry.